Awesome Air Evac forms part of the International FlyAwesome Aviation Group.
As a global special missions company, FlyAwesome has over 30 years’ experience operating and managing numerous air support missions in both short and long term contracts for NGO’s, Aid and Relief organisations, oil companies, mining houses, freight handlers, regional airlines and Governmental institutions.
FlyAwesome has operational capability throughout Africa, the Middle East, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Far East, including operations into hot and hostile territories.
The company has operated jet ambulance aircraft for over 20 years totalling in excess of 25,000 flight hours of jet air ambulance work alone.
Operational experience, localised information and knowledge, together with exceptional ground relationships, enables us to execute consistent and efficient support missions.
Our focus is being mission ready which includes controlling and managing aircraft maintenance schedules, rotating crew and ensuring resources by managing non-duplicated time off and creating a culture of pre-planning, preparation and control of resources which ensures rapid quoting and rapid activation.
Including its Air Evac fleet, on a combined basis the greater group operates in excess of 150 aircraft including Embraer 145’s, Embraer 120’s and Beechcraft 1900’s.
Head office facilities are located at Perth International Airport, Western Australia and Lanseria International Airport, South Africa, with fully staffed operational bases supplying air support to FlyAwesome aircraft deployments in numerous locations in Africa, the Middle East and Australasia.
The Awesome Air Evac Global Operations Centre is located at the FlyAwesome Flight Operations Centre at Lanseria Airport South Africa, with operational reach extending into Africa, the Middle East, Australasian territories and Europe.
The FlyAwesome in-house maintenance support centre collocated at Lanseria Airport allows for immediate response to requirements and operations in remote locations, focusing on providing domestic and away-from-base maintenance to the company’s fleet of operational aircraft wherever they are deployed around the globe.
Awesome Air Evac operates under the following FlyAwesome (Pty) Ltd licenses:
- SACAA Part 138 Air Ambulance operations
- SACAA Aircraft Operating Certificate (AOC) Part 135
- SACAA Ops Spec
- Air Services – Domestic Non Schedule – N1/N2
- Air Services – International Non Schedule – N1/N4
- Air Services – General Air Services – G2/G7
- Air Services – International General Air Service – G2/G7
In addition to the above, FlyAwesome prides itself on subscribing to the highest standards and safety levels while maintaining these valued accreditations:
- South African Civil Aviation Authority (SACAA)
- ICAO Level 1 State
- Meets all ICAO Standards
- Basic Aviation Risk Standard (BARS) -
- Increased aviation standards for the resource market
- Raised levels of safety, training, over-sight, operational control
- FlyAwesome has achieved BARS GOLD Standard
- ISO 9001:2008 Accredited Quality Management system
- European Aeromedical Institute (EURAMI) –
- Long-Range / Intercontinental Fixed Wing accreditation with medical endorsement in Adult Critical Care